Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lunchtime with Kristy

Getting my job at Boldt has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. God came through on his promises during a difficult time in my life. But ever since I got the job, I knew that there was a specific reason why God wanted me working for this construction company at this time. A few months later I met Kristy and it all made sense.

Having Kristy around makes work so much more enjoyable! Our conversations are always deep and often focused on God and His Word. We constantly share what God is teaching us individually and we learn from each other. 

My favorite time of day is lunchtime because that's when I get to spend the most time with Kristy. When it was warmer, we'd bring lunches from home and walk over to the nearby Sutter's Fort for a picnic lunch on the grass. But now that it's cold and rainy, we usually occupy one of the conference rooms in the office or head to a local food joint for thai food or sushi. 

Today during lunch we decided to go for a little walk and ended up at Rick's Dessert Diner.
Rick's Dessert Diner is one of those really neat
cake shops that still has  jukeboxes at every booth. 
I couldn't help indulging in a slice of Chocolate Caramel Mousse Tart. And a glass (errr... cup) of milk!
Sorry, I realized I should take a picture of my lovely
cake AFTER I devoured most of it! So yummy!
Since it was a fairly nice day -overcast and cool- we decided to sit outside.  Before long, it started to sprinkle and after a failed attempt to open up the umbrella, we had to quickly head back to the office. 
Kristy being Kristy.
That's one thing I love about our friendship -
we can be completely ourselves around each other!


That pretty much sums up our lunch date. Topics discussed: fasting, Kristy's high school small group, Girl Time with Andrew, whether 2% milk is really lowfat, and my awkward experience with live community theater.

I'm so thankful for this girl! She brightens up my day... Every day!

2 comments:

  1. Aw so cute! Loved the topics discussed! I miss chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Nat! Let's schedule a Skype date! I'll text you soon.

    ReplyDelete