Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Less of me

Lord,
When I think much of myself, when I become confident and prideful, when I seek my own will and take credit for your work, take your chisel Lord and chip away everything that makes up "me." Strip me of self-glory, self-confidence, self-pity, self-righteousness, self-everything... Reveal in me the naked, the raw, and the ugly. Take off every mask, every veil, every image that I hide behind, to reveal the nothing that I really am. Because Lord, when I see that I am nothing, it is then that I come humbly before you begging you to clothe me in your brilliant righteousness. Apart from You, I am nothing. Wrapped up in You, I am everything. So Lord, take me as I am - naked, raw and ugly - and clothe me. So that it is not I that shines, but your blinding robe of righteousness. Make less of me so that I may make much of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment