Monday, March 4, 2013

Highlights...

OK, I think I've broken my promise to post something on here every week. I sincerely apologize! I don't have a good excuse except that I've been pretty busy trying to figure out my life.

Here are some highlights from the last two weeks:

A few weeks ago, I got an email from DTS that I'm not qualified to receive any of their scholarships. That came as a hard blow. One of the big reasons I chose to go to seminary in Dallas was because DTS promised scholarships to "most" of their students. Apparently I didn't fit into the "most" criteria so therefore, I was out. Major bummer.

That's when I began exploring all my other grad school and seminary options. I looked into Biola University, Western Seminary, Azusa Pacific, Simpson College, Master's College and even Princeton Seminary. After spending a lot of time browsing through all their websites, attending a Biola dinner, and sitting in on a class at Western, I was back at square one. DTS was still my number one choice.

But, all that searching (and praying!) was not fruitless. I ended up changing my intended field of study from Media and Communication/Worship to Christian Education. And, on top of that, I decided I want to pursue a PhD once I'm done with my Masters. Yes, I realize this is a high and lofty ambition that will take years and years to accomplish, but I figured, hey why not? If I'm going to reach for the stars, might as well aim for the moon! My registration for DTS classes is this Thursday and I can't wait!

Visiting DTS in November last year
Chapel! 
Sitting in on a lecture class
Beautiful campus
The best example of humility... Love this so much!
Preach it!
The pretty DTS bookstore used to be an orthodox church!
Can't wait to go here in 5 months!
Another thing that I'm really excited about is my new role as an administrator/assistant for Missions Worldwide! I recently blogged about one of Mission Worldwide's outreach events, the Citywide Gospel Campaign. It was such a cool event and I'm really glad I got to be a part of it, even if it was a small part. Now, I'll be stepping into a bigger role, helping the guys plan events and just get more organized. The main reason I'm so excited about this new ministry opportunity is because we're already seeing the fruits of our labor. Because of the Citywide Gospel Campaign, there's a small group of people completely from the world who are now attending weekly Bible studies! God is doing His work and it's incredible being in the middle of it!

In other news, I am officially an auntie! My sister gave birth to a healthy, precious little boy 11 days ago. I fell in love with his sweet little face the moment he smiled at me in the hospital. How can anyone resist a face like this? He is going to be so spoiled.

Baby Noah
Auntie Inna holding Noah for the first time
Of course there were a million other things that happened during these past few weeks. But, alas that's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Aunt Inna! Such a cute baby nephew you have there! And come to Princeton Theology.lol We can be neighbors! lol But really I'm very happy for you & how God is leading your live to do greater things in His name! Tu prosta super!

    ReplyDelete