Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Random Things I'm Learning:

First day of camp! (The new location is AMAZING!)
1. I should never pass up the opportunity to serve. MGC Kids Camp is this week and I feel like I'm really missing out. When I'm at camp, I feel like that's where I belong. I'm serious. If I could do anything and be anything, I would be a full-time camp counselor. Jesus, kids, and nature - it doesn't get much better!

2. I need to treasure the day-to-day moments spent with family. I found out this morning that the little 5-year-old nephew of one of my friends died last night in a tragic accident. My heart has been heavy all day as I'm praying for God to supply the family with transcending peace and comfort.
Late night tea with my silly boys! 

Grace + works. This has been on my heart lately.
3. Pretty much all DTS students are super cool. So far, I've been contacted by three girls who are looking for roommates for the Fall and all of them are so cool. I look through their Facebook profiles (I admit, I'm kind of a stalker) and I think, "Wow! I can totally be your friend! You're so cool!" Jesus pretty much radiates from all their photos, statuses, activities, etc.

4. God can do miracles in people we "write off." I saw this happen this weekend as one of my old friends from high school recommitted her life to the Lord. Praise God that His love never fails and never gives up, even if we do.

5. I need to live in the "now" and not live in expectancy of the next big thing. God operates even in our boring, ordinary lives. I must be faithful and trust Him. I need to "bloom where I'm planted!" (I love that part of my "homework" for my online DTS class is to read and respond to a devotional every day! If you're not doing this yet, check out My Utmost for His Highest. It's available as a free PDF.)

What is God teaching you? Do share!

1 comment:

  1. Jesus, kids, nature..um yes! Throw coffee into that mix and you I am good to go. ;)

    So many good points/lessons here Inna. Thanks for sharing.

    Lately God has been putting on my heart that I need to be a BOLD witness for Him.

    ReplyDelete